Village Manager Responsibilties
- Directs and Coordinates the administration of Village government
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Zoning Administrator
- Street Administrator
- Police Administrator
- Administers Budget
- Approves all purchasing
- Reviews/Administers Policies as set by Council
- Maintains Public Relations
Village Treasurer Responsibilities
- Collects real and personal Village taxes
- Keeps an account of Village receipts (revenues) and expenditures
- Deposits and invests Village revenues in approved depositories
- Reconciles bank statements
- Prepares monthly/annual financial statements
- Prepares Budget Resolution and Amendments
- Completes Reports for the Federal and State Government
Village Clerk Responsibilities
- Maintains custody of all Village records
- Records and maintains minutes of Village Council meetings
- Administers Oaths of Office
- Maintains/Keeps Village Ordinance Book
- Keeps voter registration file and conducts Village elections
- Issues checks for payment of invoices
In the News
Well Deserved Congratulations
Pictured in photo; Clerk/Treasurer Bridget Suhr and Manager Jeff Ostrander
The Village of Breckenridge Manager, Jeff Ostrander, was awarded the Manager/Administrator of the Year from the Michigan Rural Water Association (MRWA).
The award was presented at the Annual MRWA conference banquet held on March 19, 2015 at the Grand Traverse Resort, in Traverse City.
The award exemplifies Manager Ostrander’s outstanding foresight and excellent leadership on behalf of the Village of Breckenridge. Over his six years as manager, Jeff has restructured Village personnel and job descriptions to implement more efficient and effective daily processes. Manager Ostrander’s forward thinking and vision for the future resulted in the first Industrial Park in Breckenridge along with the first Agri-Business Park in the Nation.
Manager Ostrander also walked in to the task of required repairs and upgrades to outdated and failing water/sewer infrastructure. This ten million dollar investment into the Village citizenry was done with 2.6 million dollars of Federal grant money and the procurement of low interest loans totaling 7.5 million dollars. These state mandated improvements not only repaired a failing system, but also laid the foundation for future expansion.
Manager Ostrander’s leadership, knowledge and professionalism has positioned the Village of Breckenridge for a very bright and prosperous future. Many Staff, Elected officials, family and friends attended the event to honor Manager Ostrander. Jeff credits the entire Village Team for the success and accomplishments throughout the Village over the last six years.
Congratulations to Manager Jeff Ostrander on receiving this state award!