- Maintains custody of all Village records
- Records and maintains minutes of Village Council meetings
- Administers Oaths of Office
- Maintains/Keeps Village Ordinance Book
- Keeps voter registration file and conducts Village elections
- Issues checks for payment of invoices
- Collects real and personal Village taxes
- Keeps an account of Village receipts (revenues) and expenditures
- Deposits and invests Village revenues in approved depositories
- Reconciles bank statements
- Prepares monthly/annual financial statements
- Prepares Budget Resolution and Amendments
- Completes Reports for the Federal and State Government
Current Clerk/Treasurer is Bridget McPherson
Village taxes are mailed the first week of July, and are due September 14th. A 1% penalty will be applied monthly to all taxes if not paid in full by the due date.
All Village residents will also receive a Summer and Winter Tax from Wheeler Township. All Wheeler Township tax bills must be paid at Wheeler Township.